The Studio is now the nation’s largest in-house marketing agency exclusively serving the real estate industry and dedicated to serving Coldwell Banker Realty affiliated agents. A few years ago, we didn’t even exist. How did we go from zero to market hero so fast? And why did we create it in the first place? Here’s a behind-the-scenes look into why and how we created and successfully launched the nation’s biggest, boldest and best real estate agency to help agents win more business and brokerages win more agents.
First, we surveyed the Coldwell Banker Realty (formerly Coldwell Banker NRT) landscape in search of some delicious humble pie. As the largest residential real estate brokerage in the nation for more than two decades, we’ve learned that the only way to stay at the top is to never stop climbing. So, we asked ourselves, where can we improve and what could we build that would make Coldwell Banker Realty the go-to brokerage for the best agents in the world?
After careful analysis, we realized our regional marketing approach wasn’t up to par. Teams were spread across the country in seven service centers that handled marketing for their region. The teams did not collaborate, and as a result, each region had a completely different voice and design style. The idea of The Studio started to make all the sense in the world to us.
We created The Studio and divided the team into three smaller groups:
- Product – Envisions, creates and cultivates powerful products and programs that help agents sell more homes, work more efficiently and make more money.
- Creative – Conceptualizes, designs and crafts attention-grabbing marketing messages and materials that help agents win more business and brokerages win more agents.
- Strategy – Field marketing team that works side by side with agents and local leaders to support and bolster their ability to succeed.
The full launch included a national press release in PR Newswire; targeted pitches to real estate trade publications; an internal message to agents and employees from Ryan Gorman, President & CEO of Coldwell Banker; roll-out of website, thestudiorealestate.com including staff bios, to explain The Studio to existing agents, prospective recruits and potential Studio job candidates; creation of a Studio blog that is written by staff across all job functions and levels on the Product, Creative and Strategy teams; an
Instagram account to showcase our work, successes and talented staff; Studio swag and signage to help staff members feel they are part of a cohesive in-house agency.
The results of our launch campaign were, we think, pretty impressive:
- Press announcement generated 137 stories that reached a potential audience of 65.7 million
- Major news articles in influential trade publications, including Inman News, RealTrends and Adweek
- Media coverage drove 3,000 website views immediately after launch
- Studio Instagram account attracted 1,000+ followers with 300+ posts
- Posted 75+ blog posts
- By end of 2019, The Studio has completed 8,336 jobs, ranging from agent postcards to fully integrated marketing campaigns
Today, our scope includes advertising, branding, consumer engagement, event planning, marketing support, online listing syndication, recruiting campaigns, sales materials, video production and putting smiles on agents’ faces. The Studio has also launched several very high-profile products that agents use every week, including:
- Listing Concierge – Provides property marketing packages, helping agents win more listings, prove their value and get more referrals
- Design Concierge – Provides semi-custom and custom personal branding for agents, including logos, brochures, bios, business cards and more
What The Studio has achieved in a little over a year is truly remarkable. Over 45,000 agents can count on us to deliver first-class marketing solutions to help them win more business. To learn more about the advantages of the services The Studio provides, visit thestudiorealestate.com